Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
· To act as a liaison between kitchen staff at both Family Center and Men’s Center.
· To coordinate and oversee all areas of food preparation, service and food safety.
· To interview, train, supervise, encourage, schedule and evaluate staff.
· To be responsible for both short- and long-term planning and budgeting for the kitchens
· To lead by example.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Seek to exemplify Jesus Christ daily and be prepared to share the gospel as opportunities arise.
· Lead the day-to-day operations
· Create weekly food orders, assignments and menus for both MC and FC kitchens. Using donated foods as much as possible.
· Create weekly schedules for full coverage of all meals working shifts as needed.
· Responsible for time sheets being properly approved no later than the last day of the pay period.
· Make sure the menu is followed to by all kitchen staff.
· Make sure food in walk-ins is dated and rotated on a daily basis.
· Maintain cleanliness of kitchen facilities and provide quality service.
· Supervise the kitchen staff preparing and serving all meals to clients, staff and visitors.
· Complete evaluations as scheduled on all staff or CLP program volunteers.
· Ensure volunteers/donors coming to City Union Mission for any kitchen related projects have a positive experience and Mission commitments are honored by volunteers/donors
· Communicate the volunteer schedules to kitchen staff at Family Center and Men’s Center
· Resolve conflict through fair treatment and discipline.
· Perform other duties as assigned by direct supervisor &/or COO.
· Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities during the work day arise. (1 Peter 2:21 and 1 Peter 3:15).
· Have a desire to serve the Lord to those currently homeless and the urban poor of Kansas City with a compassionate heart.
· Have High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years of Food Service Management experience.
· Have or obtain a Manager’s level Food Safety certification from either the Health Department or ServSafe within 90 days of employment as a condition of continued employment.
· Have good organizational skills and communication skills
· Knowledge of computers and inventory systems.
· Exhibit leadership; be able to work cooperatively with other staff members, including shelter staff.
· Have the highest standards of hygiene and a thorough knowledge of Health Department standards.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org