Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
Lead finance team in establishing and maintaining integrity of financial records and reports according to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintain integrity of general ledger and all related detail accounts and reports. Close the general ledger monthly in a timely manner.
· Provide oversight of the finance team in daily financial transactions and activities.
· Oversee all payroll related reports, journal entries and accruals.
· Prepare and oversee reconciliations for multiple bank, trust and general ledger accounts on a monthly basis, submitting and approving appropriate journal entries.
· Oversee preparation and submission of City Thrift monthly transactions.
· Assist with the development of a statistical method for allocating overhead expenses among departments.
· Provide financial support to various departments including reports, schedules and GL detail transaction detail.
· Prepare departmental and organizational actual to budget variance reports monthly, quarterly, and yearly.
· Prepare financial materials, schedules and reports for monthly Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors’ meetings.
· Assist in preparation of annual audit, including the preparation of proper reconciliations, schedules and reports and preparation of the annual 990 report.
· Provide ongoing process improvement feedback for the Finance Department.
· Other duties as assigned by the Controller and Chief Financial Officer.
· Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities during the work day arise (1 Peter 2:21 and 1 Peter 3:15).
· Have a desire to serve the Lord through various responsibilities in order to advance ministry to the homeless and urban poor of Kansas City with a compassionate heart.
· BS in Accounting required. CPA and/or MBA is preferred.
· Four years’ experience in an accounting position required, preferably with a nonprofit organization, with an understanding of the entire accounting process, preferably within an ERP cloud application.
· Prior supervisory experience preferred.
· Have good communication and organization skills with people and projects.
· Must have strong computer and software skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ERP applications, etc.).
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org