Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
· To provide nutritious and attractive meals to shelter guests, staff and volunteers in adequate quantities as directed.
· To provide a friendly, warm atmosphere for shelter guests, staff and volunteers.
· To maintain Health Department standards for cleanliness in kitchen.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Follow posted weekly kitchen menus as listed. Get permission from Food Service Administrator before making any changes to the menu.
· Prepare and serve appropriate amount of nutritious and attractive food for shelter guests, staff, and volunteers.
· Help prepare sack lunches on a daily basis.
· Maintain cleanliness to meet Health Dept standards at all times.
· Exercise food safety by using food service gloves and by discarding all suspected contaminated, spoiled or very old foods that may cause any doubt that it should be served,
· Work cooperatively with other kitchen staff, kitchen helpers, warehouse staff, and shelter staff.
· Host volunteers.
· Supervise cleanup by shelter guests and/or volunteers.
· When problems arise from shelter guests, consult with Food Service Administrator verbally and with written documentation.
· May be asked to work a holiday if deemed necessary by Food Service Administrator.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Track meal counts and record food donations.
· Seek to exemplify Jesus Christ daily and be prepared to share the Gospel as opportunities arise.
· Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities during the work day arise. (1 Peter 2:21 and 1 Peter 3:15).
· Have one or more years of quantity cooking experience (preferred).
· Must be able to work well with people, clients, staff & volunteers; must have a heart for the ministry.
· Be able to lift up to 40 lbs. and be able to stand for long periods of time
· Have a high school diploma or GED
· Obtain a Manager’s level Food Safety certification from either the Health Department or ServSafe within 90 days of employment start date as a condition of continued employment.
** This position is currently eligible for a Sign On Bonus!
Full-time Cooks will receive a $300 sign-on bonus after 4 weeks of employment.
Another $400 will be awarded at their one-year anniversary.
Total Bonus for Full-Time Cooks would be $700.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org