Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
To provide case management and support for prison-release participants and aftercare for those working towards their most viably-secure level of independence through goal-setting, mentoring, accountability, instructions, and coordination of services.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Function as a positive contributing member of the program team, and be responsible to communicate with appropriate staff, teach classes where needed, supply reports, attend meetings, etc. to ensure unity with the purpose and goals of the Mission.
· Provide structured and strategic aftercare services in coordination with participants program team for graduates including future planning, follow up, community reintegration, sustainable housing and managing the graduate database.
· Be a liaison to build effective working relationships with key community resources.
· Seek to exemplify Jesus Christ daily and be prepared to share the Gospel as opportunities arise.
Be willing to perform other duties as may be assigned
· Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities during the work day arise. (1 Peter 2:21 and 1 Peter 3:15).
· Must be a decisive person, dependable, one who exhibits good judgment, sensitivity, compassion, oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, and is a team player.
· Have experience in case management of low-income clients including financial management.
· Exhibit leadership, good judgment, sensitivity, compassion and good oral & written communication skills.
· Demonstrate computer literacy in Google and Microsoft applications.
· Required: Bachelor’s degree in social services, criminal justice, or related field, or an Associate’s degree in the previous areas and 3 years of related experience.
· Preferred: Re-entry employment specialist, second chance employment specialist or related training.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org