Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
The Armed Security Agent for City Union Mission should be a kingdom‐minded individual who embodies servant leadership, thrives on challenge and has a heart for the poor and homeless in Kansas City. Their primary responsibility will be the safeguarding of City Union Mission personnel, clients, guests, volunteers, property, and reputation. Armed Security Agents must provide exceptional customer service to all and maintain a safe environment for everyone. Our team will be building a world-class safety and security culture within a world-class organization, serving a Christian mission. This position is full‐time and reports to the Director of Safety & Security.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Conduct all aspects of security operations within a large inner-city geographical area consisting of multiple buildings.
· Ability to work varied hours, which includes nights and weekends.
· Ability to provide excellent Customer Service.
· Ability to lead by example, be reliable, and have a strong work ethic.
· Must possess excellent attention to detail, excellent verbal, and written communications skills, even in stressful situations. Written reports should be clear, concise, and complete with minimal spelling and grammar errors.
· Ability to use computers and Microsoft office (Excel, Word, etc.), monitor security cameras, and send and receive email using MS Outlook.
· Responsible for participating in training, in accordance with the established training guides and standard operating procedures.
· Evaluate, assess, and analyze performance of security operations.
· Ensure all security devices and products are in good working condition.
· Develop and implement preventative measures against trespassers, unwanted guests, accidents, thefts, and other risks.
· Ensure compliance of applicable policies, post orders, general orders, and regulations while implementing security measures.
· Develop effective relationships with all City Union Mission personnel through clear communication addressing customer service inquiries in a timely and accurate fashion.
· Communicate to City Union Mission management personnel regarding issues and or situations occurring within the facility, via both written and verbal communication methods.
· Function as the training officer to new agents for customer service, facility familiarization, and policy understanding and compliance.
· Ability to analyze and produce course of action reporting, and forward issues to City Union Mission management in all necessary situations.
· Ability to work independently, or as part of a small group to resolve urgent issues, process orientated with high attention to detail, and triage a problem quickly providing precise/clear information while working under minimum to no supervision.
· Must be able and agree to maintain a professional appearance while on duty.
· Become trained in CPR/AED/FIRST AID/Bloodborne Pathogens.
· Play a critical role in Client Safety and Security Emergency Action Plan, assist in drills, be an asset during any workplace violence issue or incident
· Assist any City Union Mission employee who requires assistance and resolve the situation as quickly as possible while exercising absolute diplomacy.
· Maintain a cooperative relationship with other outside agencies (i.e., fire department, police department)
· Attend all in-service training, as may be required by the City Union Mission Management.
· Ability to see, hear, and smell in order to respond to alarms and detect emergency situations.
· Must be reliable and have a strong work ethic.
· Thoroughly comprehend the Use of Force Policy outlined by City Union Mission; including but not limited to, firearms and other intermediate force weapons;
· Maintain all required firearms training certifications, and proper licensing, as required to carry a firearm in the State of Missouri and City of Kansas City. Kansas City Class A – Armed license is required for this position.
· Other duties as assigned.
• Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities during the work day arise.
• Have a desire to serve the Lord through widely varied responsibilities to advance ministry to those currently homeless and the urban poor of Kansas City with a compassionate heart.
• 4 Years of Armed Security Experience, Military (Combat Arms MOS preferred) or Law Enforcement Experience.
• Associate Degree in Police Science, Law Enforcement, or a closely related discipline.
• Four (4) years of security supervisory experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• Must be a US Citizen with valid Social Security Card; birth certificate; 21 years of age.
• Due to the nature of the position, the Security Agent must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
• Must be able to pass criminal background screen, drug test. Must be free from conviction of any felony or any misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
• Must have a valid driver’s license from state of residency and a safe driving record for the past five years.
• Must pass a drug screening.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org