Website City Of Belton
Reports To: Executive Administrative Assistant to the City Manager
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Effective Date: 05/31/2023
The Custodian will be responsible for the routine care and upkeep of assigned city buildings by performing a variety of duties to maintain the facilities in an attractive, safe and sanitary manner. The Custodian will also be responsible for general maintenance of city buildings, including changing light bulbs, light groundskeeping and minor repairs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by the individual in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties as assigned.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms and break rooms.
- Restock soap and paper dispensers in restrooms and break areas.
- Care for carpeted floors by vacuuming, spot cleaning & shampooing.
- Maintain hard surface floors by sweeping and mopping.
- Empty trash containers and replace liners as needed.
- Transporting trash to proper disposal area.
- Light dusting of surfaces in common areas, conference rooms and council chambers.
- Disinfect commonly used surfaces like doors/handles.
- Periodic washing of windows.
- Properly clean and maintain housekeeping equipment.
- Maintain a clean and orderly custodial closet.
- Record supply inventory and inform supervisor when supplies are low.
- Change fluorescent light bulbs and others as needed.
- Removal of leaves and debris at entrances.
- Hanging of wall art/shelving as requested.
- Assisting in moving heavy boxes or large tables on occasion.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of how to operate cleaning equipment, such as vacuum cleaner, carpet cleaner, mop, broom.
- Ability to work around dust and with cleaning chemicals.
- Safely climb a ladder to replace light bulbs.
- Ability to start and use a leaf blower.
- Knowledge of various cleaning products and the appropriate use of them.
- Knowledge of safety guidelines when working with chemical cleaners.
- Good communication & organizational skills.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent work history and dependable attendance.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- A minimum of one-year related experience strongly preferred.
- Must drive to multiple locations, must have valid driver’s license.
This position is required to perform physical activities ranging from lifting large heavy objects being regularly exposed to dangerous machinery; being exposed to potential physical harm; working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and chemical cleaners.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
Ability to walk, stand, bend, reach, lift, climb a ladder and repeat cleaning motions.
Contact Emily Case-Larkey at [email protected] or apply online today!
To apply for this job please visit beltonmo.bamboohr.com.