Website Chapel of the Lake
Chapel of the Lake is a non-denominational church serving the community of Lake Saint Louis, Missouri and surrounding counties. We are located about 45 minutes west of downtown St. Louis, MO. We are a congregation of 250-300, who recently celebrated our 50th anniversary of bringing the gospel to our community. St. Charles County has been one of the fastest growing counties in Missouri for the last 20 years.
We are driven by the desire to faithfully and clearly preach the Word, equipping and discipling our body to make disciples. We have an outsized heart for local and international missions, demonstrated through long-term, vibrant relationships with 25 missionary families serving around the world, and a missions budget that is over 20% of our giving.
We are seeking high-performing candidates to join our pastoral staff. We offer competitive wage and benefit packages, continuing education support, and a friendly and gracious congregation where the average pastoral tenure has been 30+ years. We invite you to get to know Chapel of the Lake and be part of equipping the next generation of youth and children to know, love and serve God!
Interested candidates should send resumes to Harley Marshall, Chapel Administrator, at email@example.com or call 636-561-1757 for additional information.
Youth Ministry Director
Chapel of the Lake
The Youth Ministry Director develops and engages 6th-12th grade teenagers and their families as they seek to grow in their faith and connect with one another.
· Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
· Partner with parents to take an active role in the spiritual development of their children by providing consistent communication, educational resources, and biblical support.
· Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
· Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities.
· Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
· Plan, organize, and lead summer camp and mission trip experiences for our youth.
· Connect with the life of the church by attending worship, investing in relationships, and pursuing opportunities for personal growth and development.
· To offer full-time pay and benefits, the Chapel is looking for the Youth Director to fill another need within the church that complements the skills and giftings of the candidate. Areas of present need are related to technology, graphic design, counseling, worship, and/or children’s ministry. A part-time position exclusively focused on youth ministry may be available.
Skills and Qualifications:
· A growing relationship with Jesus Christ, marked by Christian character and service.
· A high-energy leader who has a heart and passion for youth ministry in addition to equipping parents and volunteers.
· A strong understanding of the dynamics of youth ministry, culture, and technology.
· An effective teacher and communicator, with a strong Biblical foundation with a heart for application and life-transformation.
· A collaborator who is approachable and enjoys working with others.
· A proven leader with effective organizational, administrative, and team-building skills.
· A commitment to the values and mission of Chapel of the Lake and willing to become an active and engaged member of the church body.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training is preferred, especially in the field of education, youth/family ministry or biblical studies.
· Experience working with teenagers in a youth ministry context, either as a volunteer or leader.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org