Website Calvary Bible EFC
Reaching our Community for Jesus Christ by Word and by Deed
Calvary Bible Church in Wayne, Nebraska is seeking a full-time Senior Pastor who will be the spiritual leader as we seek to “Reach Our Community for Jesus Christ by Word and by Deed”. Wayne is a small city located in Northeast Nebraska and is the home of Wayne State College. Our previous Pastor retired at the end of August 2021 after serving the church for 8 1/2 years.
The church was established in 1970 and has a history of ministering to all ages including a rich history in helping to equip many WSC students for ministry and day to day living. During the pandemic one of our young mothers approached leadership with the desire to start a mid-week children’s program. FireUp for pre-school thru 6th grade was born and is the only mid-week children’s program in the community. It started small but in its second year has grown to 25-30 children on a weekly basis.
Senior Pastor requirements & preferences:
- Be skilled in providing a pulpit ministry that incorporates the expository preaching of Scripture
- Leads in Love and Grace
- Provide Pastoral Care
- Minimum of 2 years of Pastoral experience.
- Staff & Administrative Skills including managing 1-2 staff members
- Serve as a member of the Elder & General Boards
- Connects well with all generations in every stage of their journey to and with Christ
- Be willing to ascribe to and affirm to each article of the Evangelical Free Church of America’s Statement of Faith
- Compensation Package based on Education, Experience & Fit (To be divided into Salary, Housing Allowance, Health Insurance & Retirement) in addition to Vacation Time, Travel & Conference Reimbursement and a Ministry Expense Account.
For more information on Calvary Bible, we encourage applicants to go to our website:
Information on the community of Wayne and Wayne State College can be found at:
Resumes can be emailed to: Virgil Kardell Chairman of the Pastor Search Team firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-990-3287 with any questions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com