Website Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP
Under the supervision of a Corporate Transactions Paralegal, the Project Assistant assists with all aspects of corporate, transactional and finance work. The Project Assistant will interface directly with Paralegals, clients, and legal staff and deliver high quality, efficient legal, administrative and billable services.
• Assist with preparation of organizational documents (e.g. bylaws, operating agreements), publicly file formation documents (e.g. articles of incorporation, certificates of formation), foreign state qualifications, merger certificates for corporations, general and limited partnerships and limited liability companies.
• Prepare and file annual reports in states where corporations are incorporated and/or are qualified to do business.
• Obtain good standing certificates, certified documents from state agencies.
• Prepare post-transaction closing binders.
• Maintain corporate files and databases.
• Perform electronic research using internet-based research tools.
• Communicate regularly with Paralegals regarding the status of projects and deadlines, and informs Paralegals of any issues.
• Correspond with clients and organizations, in writing, by telephone or electronic communications, as directed by the supervising Paralegal.
• Enter time and descriptions into timekeeping system and release it on a daily basis.
This position is open to applicants in Kansas City, MO.
Essential Job Specifications/Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Ability to manage and take ownership of numerous tasks simultaneously and maintain organized files.
• Analytical, mathematical, and organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to organize large amounts of data, both hardcopy and electronic, for easy filing and retrieval.
• Ability to be flexible, handle pressure and adapt to changing work priorities, work flow and work assignments in a fast-paced transactional practice.
• Ability to deal professionally and communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing with internal and external clients.
• Ability to problem solve, think independently and tackle projects with minimal supervision while maintaining timely and efficient organization.
• Registered Notary Public or willingness to become a Registered Notary Public.
• Flexibility to arrive early, stay late or work weekends with little or no notice.
• Ability to regularly report to work on the days and times scheduled.
Limited travel may be necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
Diversity, Inclusion & Working Differently
Diversity and inclusion is at the heart of our firm. At BCLP we aim to create an inclusive and inspirational culture where all our employees are valued, motivated and able to be themselves. BCLP is a firm with an increasingly flexible workforce and is supportive of flexible working arrangements, tailored to the individual, wherever possible.
Please feel free to speak to the Recruiting Team about the flexibility we are offering for this role.
BCLP offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, life insurance, and retirement plans. We also provide eligible employees flexible time off plans including paid Parental leave, Paid Time Off (PTO), and paid holidays.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent in the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of the employee. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit apply.ecave.net.