The mission of the English and Communications Department is to produce graduates who can speak and write for various audiences and purposes with clarity, creativity, and sound research according to the Biblical worldview.
- English: Literature
- English: Creative Writing
Professional Directed Studies (PDS) Programs Offered:
- PDS: Communications
- PDS: Modern Languages – French
- PDS: Modern Languages – German
- PDS: Modern Languages – Spanish
- ENGLISH LITERATURE, Minor; Total Hours – 21 hours; See Interdisciplinary Studies for list of courses.
- ENGLISH CREATIVE WRITING, Minor; Total Hours – 21 hours; See Interdisciplinary Studies for list of courses.
See Professional Directed Studies (PDS) and Interdisciplinary Studies sections for course lists.
Mr. Thomas Crank
Interim Department Chair of English & Communications, Assistant Professor of English
English & Communications Objectives
The English & Communications Department will produce graduates who are able to:
- Critically read and analyze a wide variety of literature in their historical and cultural contexts.
- Engage in an effective writing process and tailor writing/speaking for various audiences and purposes.
- Evaluate diverse literary perspectives according to the Biblical worldview.
- Develop and execute original research projects following appropriate and ethical practices.
English & CommunicationsDepartmental Blog
Student uses collaborative degree program to grow academically and spiritually. Rebekah Crawford is a senior at Calvary pursuing a double major through Professional Directed Studies (PDS). She said she chose an English degree, “because I had enjoyed both reading and...