The Bible and Theology Department provides instruction in the Word of God, the tools necessary for personal study of that Word, the biblical philosophy which provides a solid foundation for living, and the scriptural motivation to put into practice scriptural standards and precepts.
- Bible & Theology, Baccalaureate Degree
- Bible & Theology / Pastoral Studies, Baccalaureate Degree & Master of Divinity Degree combined
- Biblical Studies, Associates Degree
- Bible Track, One-Year Certificate
- Life Track, One-Year Certificate
Bible & Theology Objectives
Bible & Theology Students will…
- Will possess basic biblical and theological facts as a foundation for meditation, teaching, and further study.
- Will accurately analyze, interpret, and apply biblical passages in a continuing commitment to personal Bible study.
- Will understand Scripture as the ultimate authority for their worldview and lifestyle.
- Will acquire a knowledge and understanding of God and His Word that will enhance and maintain a life-time of close, personal, and obedient relationship with Christ and His Church.
- Who choose to enter graduate/seminary study will acquire a solid education foundation to do so.
Dr. Gary Gromacki
Th.M, D. Min, Ph.D.
Department Chair of Bible & Theology, Director of Ph.D. Program in Bible & Theology, Professor of Bible & Theology
Dr. Thomas Baurain
Dean of the Seminary, Professor of Bible & Theology
Dr. Mike Dodds
Director of the CU Press, Professor of Ministry Studies
Dr. Keith Miller
Adjunct Faculty, Bible & Theology
Dr. Neil Nelson
M.Div., S.T.M., Ph.D.
Professor of New Testament
Mr. John Oglesby
Director of President’s Office, Program Director of Bible & Theology, Instructor of Bible & Theology
Dr. Luther Smith
M.A., M.A., Psy.D.
Dean of the College, Department Chair of Biblical Counseling, Associate Professor of Biblical Counseling
Mr. Joel Williamson
Professor of Biblical Languages
Bible & Theology
Check This Out! “But as he had considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him . . .” (Matthew 1:20) The Christmas season is a wondrous time of year! Yet, perhaps this season you are not as festive or joyous as others...
A Change of Heart “For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.” (John 3:17) Christmas is our chance to move closer to those in crisis, not further away. A...
Fear Not! “The angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias . . .” (Luke 1:13) What’s your favorite saying of the Christmas story? What the angel said to Mary, “Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou...
Flight Simulators, Adam, and Biblical Authority “. . . those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.” (Romans 5:17) I tore open the wrapping paper to reveal...
Christmas and The Scarlet Thread “The record of the genealogy of Jesus the Messiah . . .” (Matthew 1:1) With modern technology, it’s amazing how many ways we can trace our ancestry. We can do it by using various websites where we lose ourselves for...
The Ultimate Cross-Cultural Experience “Being born in the likeness of men...” (Philippians 2:7) Pets are common Christmas gifts, but not all Christmas pets are easy to communicate with. How would you communicate with a fish? Say, for example,...
Christmas Peace? “And His name will be called . . . Prince of Peace.” (Isaiah 9:6) The Christmas season is a wonderful time of year. Families gather for joyous celebrations, communities put up Christmas lights for holiday...