Introducing the Study Work Program(SWP) at Calvary University! As the cost of a college education continues to rise, so does the importance of achieving it. Unfortunately, this leaves many students with little choice but to graduate with massive debt. Calvary University wants to change that through the Study Work Program.
Introducing Calvary University’s Study Work Program (SWP). As the cost of a college education continues to rise, so does the importance of achieving it. Unfortunately, this leaves many students with little choice but to graduate with massive debt. But Calvary University wants to change that through the Study Work Program.
How Does the SWP Work?
Who Can Apply to the SWP?
Any current students and new students can apply for the program. We receive information about a wide variety of job openings and will work to provide job opportunities to anyone we are able. However, not everyone who gets placed through the Study Work Program qualifies for the SWP scholarship. To be eligible for the SWP Scholarship students must:
- Achieve a 3.0 GPA for the previous semester.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student for the previous semester unless graduating.
- Have a Study Work Program job averaging 15 hours per week or more.
- Successfully complete the previous semester’s Study Work Program.
- Students beginning Study Work Program jobs mid-semester will receive a prorated scholarship based on their start date.
- Receive a positive job reference from the student’s employer.
- Be returning to their Study Work Program job for the upcoming semester
Students who meet these qualifications are our top priority for placement. Additionally, students should be:
- Hard working
- Eager to learn
- Able to represent themselves, Calvary University, and Jesus Christ well through their employment
How do I Apply?
First, fill out the application for the Study Work Program below. After that, you will be contacted by email to provide a current copy of your resume and two letters of recommendation. Then sign an information release and that’s it, you’re done! If you would like guidance with writing your resume or in regards to the recommendation letters, let us know! Our knowledgeable staff is happy to help. Simply email email@example.com!
What Happens When a Student Is Accepted?
Once a student is accepted into this program, Calvary University will create an employment portfolio for the student. We then connect with local businesses, churches, and organizations to provide employment opportunities. The student will go through the interview process with a potential employer to see if they are a good fit for a particular job. Both the employer and the student maintain the ability to withdraw from the position at all times. Once a student has been placed, the earnings will provide additional tuition funding for the students in the program.
This is a part of Calvary’s commitment to keeping a quality education affordable!