Calvary University is pleased to offer our students opportunities to work on- or off-campus.
It is helpful to Calvary to have students fill our on-campus jobs, but Calvary isn’t the only one that gains from this arrangement. Advantages to our students include saving time and expense in travel, our willingness to work around your class schedules, and the blessing of working in a Christian atmosphere. Additionally, most students taking at least a half-time load are exempt from Social Security and Medicare withholdings, making your paycheck stretch farther than it would otherwise.
If you’re interested in on-campus employment, here’s what you need to know:
- A limited number of on-campus jobs is available, so it’s important to get your application in as early as possible.
- Most student employment positions are limited to a maximum of 20 hours per week, with most offering anywhere from 5 – 15 hours.
- Pay rate for most on-campus jobs is $7.70 (MIssouri minimum wage).
- You will have the option of applying all or part of your earnings directly toward your student bill, but Direct Deposit, paycard, and paper checks are available, too.
- To apply, submit a Study Work Application or a Student Employment Application (below).
If you are interested in finding a job off-campus, check into the Calvary Study Work Program. Click the Study Work Program logo below for more information.
Whether you work on- or off-campus, federal regulations require your employer to have you complete payroll paperwork. Identification verification is required for this paperwork and your ID document(s) must be presented within 3 days of starting work or employment will be terminated or placed on hold until they can be presented. Your Driver’s License alone will not fulfill this requirement.
The most common forms of ID are (but not limited to):
- Unexpired Passport or passport card OR
- Valid driver’s license and social security card OR
- Valid driver’s license and birth certificate
- You must bring the original documents; photocopies are not acceptable.
Student Work Program
The Calvary University Study Work Program is an off-campus opportunity designed to connect Calvary students with quality employers, jobs related to degree programs, and even scholarship opportunities. Click the Study Work Program logo below for more information.
Student Employment Application
Helpful Tips For Finding A Job
List of Businesses in Belton/Raymore