The master of arts program in Biblical Counseling is designed to prepare men and women for counseling ministries in church, parachurch, and community settings. The program utilizes courses in Bible, practical theology, and biblical counseling principles to provide the student with a knowledge and use of the Holy Scriptures concerning God, man, and the nature of man in solving man's problems. As such, Calvary Theological Seminary teaches and practices a purely nouthetic counseling approach and methodology (biblical psychology) that best complements Gospel-centered biblical soul-care and discipleship for lasting change.
- That the student be able to articulate a biblical philosophy of counseling.
- That the student demonstrates, in his life, the Christian character qualities necessary for a biblical counseling ministry.
- That the student acquires a basic knowledge of the counseling process.
- That the student be able to biblically identify people problems.
- That the student thoroughly understands the dangers and influences of blending humanistic and integrational counseling principles in a biblical counseling setting.
- That the student develops communication skills needed for counseling one-on-one and in small group situations.
Course of Study »
Course of study may be adjusted during a student's time at Calvary. Students should consult with their advisor and/or the Registrar before finalizing a schedule each semester.