The Master of Arts program in Biblical Counseling is designed to prepare men and women for counseling ministries in church, parachurch, and community settings. The program utilizes courses in Bible, theology, and biblical counseling to provide the student with a knowledge and use of the Holy Scriptures concerning God, man, and man's problems. Calvary teaches and practices a counseling approach and methodology that grow out of biblical principles regarding human growth and development, behavioral changes, and problem solving.
- That the student be able to articulate a biblical philosophy of counseling.
- That the student demonstrates in his life the Christian character qualities necessary for a biblical counseling ministry.
- That the student acquires a basic knowledge of the counseling process.
- That the student be able to identify people problems.
- That the student develops communication skills needed for counseling one-on-one and in small group situations.
Course of Study »
Course of study may be adjusted during a student's time at Calvary. Students should consult with their advisor and/or the Registrar before finalizing a schedule each semester.