Library Acquisitions Clerk
This is a part-time entry-level position (20 hours per week or less).
The Acquisitions Clerk purchases materials, under the direction of the Librarian, that will provide an environment and the resources to encourage research and learning in fulfillment of Calvary’s mission.
- Maintains a list of faculty requests, textbooks, and recommended reading that have been submitted to the library
- Completes the acquisitions process on a regular basis, which includes: researching potential materials, submitting proposals to our vendor, submitting purchase orders for approval, ordering the materials, and tracking the materials based on the Collection Development Policy (CDP) and accreditation requirements
- Maintains a database of newly purchased materials. Begins work slip for each new material, which includes recording the call number and tracking the material against the CDP and the budget breakdown for collection purchases
- Assists the Assistant Librarian in checking processed materials before they are shelved in the stacks
- Shifts the periodicals at the beginning of the new year to the Periodical Room
- Oversees Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Oversees the library in the absence of the Librarian or the Assistant Librarian.
- Assists patrons at the front desk
- Opens and closes the library as needed
- Attends weekly staff meetings
- Performs other tasks as assigned or needed
To the Librarian
- Be a born-again believer and living a dedicated, separated life
- Be in agreement with Calvary’s doctrinal position
- Possess a college-level education (not necessarily a degree)
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Possess good computer skills (MS Word, Excel)
- Demonstrate maturity in decision-making
- Demonstrate familiarity with materials that support our mission
- Possess good critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Possess excellent internet search skills
- Possess good customer service skills
- Able to collect an academically appropriate level of material
- Able to lift 10 pounds
- Prior experience in library acquisitions
On or about January 24
You may send your completed application (and resume if you wish) to:
Calvary Bible College
15800 Calvary Road
Kansas City, MO 64147
No calls please. Other openings may also be available at Calvary Bible College. Click here to find out.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, color, age, national origin, handicap or veteran status.