Student Employment

Calvary Bible College is pleased to offer our students opportunities to work on campus. A limited number of on-campus jobs are available. It is helpful to us to have students fill these jobs, but CBC isn’t the only one that gains from this arrangement.

Advantages to our students include the convenience of working on-campus, which saves time and expense in travel, and our willingness to work around your class schedules. Christian co-workers create a spiritual work atmosphere. 

Most student employment positions are limited to a maximum of 20 hours per week, with most offering from 5 – 10 hours per week. Pay rate is $7.50 per hour*; however, the college is not required to withhold FICA while the student is enrolled in a course load of six hours or more. Off-campus employers are required to withhold FICA; therefore, you would need to earn about $8.13 per hour off-campus to equal the amount you’d receive for the same number of hours worked at CBC. 

This program is designed to help you pay for your education. Any student who works for the college will have the option of applying all or part of their earnings directly toward their bill. This arrangement is an advantage to both you and the college because your account gets paid as quickly as possible and important work for the college is accomplished. 

Students applying for a job must first fill out a Student Employment Application and then either mail, email/fax, or personally deliver a copy to the Human Resources Office (contact info is on the application). You may follow up with an email (use the Contact Us link on the CBC website) or a telephone call directly to the department(s) in which you have interest. 

If hired, federal regulations require you to complete payroll paperwork available in the Human Resources Office. This must be done before employment begins. Identification verification from the student employee is required for this paperwork. You must bring the original documents; photocopies are not acceptable. The most common forms of ID are (but not limited to): 

  1. Unexpired Passport or 
  2. Valid driver’s license and an original social security card 

*Pay rate subject to change with federal or state minimum wage increases.