The Certificate in Nouthetic Studies is designed to meet the needs of pastors, teachers, group leaders and others seeking structured and systematic validation of their ability to apply God's Word in a counseling setting. Both time and cost effective, this program accommodates tight budgets and busy schedules.
Students will gain valuable insight into the preparation of counseling ministries and confidence in God's answers for concerns including anger, forgiveness, depression and grief, marriage/divorce, addictions and conflict resolution.
Completed in conjunction with the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors, the American Academy of Biblical Counselors, and the International Association of Biblical Counselors, this one-year program combines the following elements:
- Classroom sessions - 2 eight-week modules meeting each Saturday morning
- Internship Practicums - addressing counseling ministry development and administration
- Ministry Projects - theology and practical counseling exams by certifying agencies
- Supervised Counseling - 50 sessions of counseling supervised by our instructor
- Agency certification application costs per their website instructions (under $100)
- One-time class registration fee = $25
- 8-week classroom modules = $250 (each)
- Internship practicum/training = $100
- 50-session counseling supervision/mentorship = $300-$500 (per certifying agency requirements)
- Service Organization Liability Insurance = $25-$125 annually (during approved internship process at Calvary and paid directly by the student)
For more information contact Dr Hager