The Certificate in Nouthetic Studies is designed to meet the needs of pastors, teachers, group leaders and others seeking structured and systematic validation of their ability to apply God's Word in a counseling setting. Both time and cost effective, this program accomodates tight budgets and busy schedules.
Students will gain valuable insight into the preparation of counseling ministries and confidence in God's answers for concerns including anger, forgiveness, depression and grief, marriage/divorce, addictions and conflict resolution.
Completed in conjunction with the American Academy of Biblical Counselors, this one-year program combines the following elements:
- Classroom sessions - 2 eight-week modules meeting each Saturday morning
- Internship Practicums - addressing ministry development and administration
- Ministry Projects - theology and practical counseling exams by the AABC
- Supervised Counseling - 50 sessions of counseling supervised by an instructor
- Registration fee = $25
- 8-week classroom modules = $150 (each)
- 8-week internship practicum = $150
- Service organization liability insurance = $25/annually
For more information contact Dr Hager here