Federal Aid Programs

Eligibility for federally-funded financial aid is established by the United States Department of Education regulations. All of Calvary's undergraduate and graduate programs are eligible for Federal Aid. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is primarily, but not exclusively, used to determine whether a student qualifies for federal financial aid and how much aid will be received.

Step-by-step instructions for completing the FAFSA online may be obtained from Calvary's Admissions Office or the Financial Aid Office or by logging onto www.fafsa.ed.gov. Calvary's U.S. Department of Education Title IV Institutional Code is 002450.

Information about federal student loans can be found at www.studentloans.gov.


Federal Pell Grant

Calvary participates in the Pell Grant program, a need-based program funded by the U.S. Department of Education. In order for a student to be eligible, a FAFSA must be completed, and the resulting EFC on the student's SAR must be low enough to qualify (see Federal Aid Programs above). A grant is "free" money in that a student does not pay it back to the school or the government. Pell Grants are available to undergraduate students only.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

A SEOG is an award for undergraduate students who have the greatest need. It is to help pay educational expenses and does not have to be paid back. The award is based on demonstrated need according to the student’s FAFSA, availability of SEOG funds, and other financial aid received. The Financial Aid Office determines the award amounts. There is no separate application for the SEOG.


Calvary participates in the Stafford loan program (commonly referred to as “federal student loans) offered through the U.S. Department of Education. Stafford Loans are not free money and must be paid back. Interest rates are low, and repayment begins six months after graduation
or if enrolled for less than six credit hours.

The amount that may be borrowed and the loan type(s) depend on financial need, college classification, and dependent or independent status.

The first step in seeking a loan is completing the FAFSA. Once the results are known (student receives the Student Aid Report (SAR); the college receives a similar form-an ISIR) consult the Financial Aid Office, as additional paperwork is required in order to apply for a loan.

The PLUS loan is a form of financial assistance for parents of dependent students. Repayment on the loans begins immediately and parents are responsible for repayment.

Apply for Financial Aid:

Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Student Aid).

Complete Entrance Counseling (for first time borrowers).

Complete the Master Promissory Note (for Federal Student Loans).