There are many challenges and problems in today’s complex society. That’s why we believe God’s Word, the Bible, is so important. Whether you are wrestling with your marriage, a parenting concern, depression, or anger, the Bible has answers.
Calvary’s Professional Services: Biblical Counseling and Training Center provides counseling to those seeking God’s answers to the questions and problems in their lives. We believe that Scripture is God-breathed (2 Timothy 3:16). It is living, insightful, effective, and active (Hebrews 4:12). God’s Word can help you change (Romans 12:2; Psalms 119:11).
Our counseling specialties include:
- Individual, Family and Parenting
- Child, Adolescent and Teen
- Marital and Divorce
- Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Depression, Stress, Anxiety, and Anger Management
- Chemical and Relational Dependency
- Physical, Sexual, and Emotional Abuse
- Grief and Loss (family and pets)
- PTSD and Various Traumas
- Mentoring and Accountability
- Life Coaching Skills
- Christian Discipleship
What can I expect from Professional Services if I come?
The Center is committed to providing professional, ethical, and confidential services. We serve the greater Kansas City area through our offices on the campus of Calvary University. Our counselors are available by appointment, during weekdays and evenings. You can expect:
- Help from trained staff who are encouraging and understanding
- Resources that address real needs and provide lasting relief
- Strict confidentiality (Note: Counselors are required to report certain illegal activity that threatens life and safety)
- Ethical professionalism blended with an understanding heart of compassion
- Uncompromising biblical truth
- Effective counseling at an affordable price (starting at $25 per session)
We respectfully welcome anyone, regardless of faith tradition, who is seeking to create a more effective and purposeful life.
Are the counselors qualified?
All of the counselors, whether professors, pastors, or lay-counselors, are trained in biblical counseling. Most have college and/or graduate degrees in counseling and carry certification or licensure (LPC). This ensures a staff that is legally and biblically qualified to provide counsel from Scripture. Counselors are equipped to systematically help you by unlocking the timeless truths of the Bible and applying them against the most painful and disappointing challenges of life. Certifiying organizations include the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors, the American Academy of Biblical Counselors, and the International Association of Biblical Counselors. All of the counselors have received background check approval.
What does counseling cost?
Counseling is affordable at the Professional Services counseling center, starting at $25 per session.
Where do I begin?
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call (816) 322-7616 or complete the form below. We look forward to helping you.