There are many challenges and problems in today's complex society. That's why we believe God's Word, the Bible, is so important. Whether you are wrestling with your marriage, a parenting concern, depression, or anger, the Bible has answers.
Calvary's Biblical Counseling Center provides counseling to those seeking God's answers to the questions and problems in their lives. We believe that Scripture is God-breathed (2 Timothy 3:16). It is living, insightful, effective, and active (Hebrews 4:12). God's Word can help you change (Romans 12:2; Psalms 119:11)!
Our counseling specialties include:
- Individual, Family and Parenting
- Child, Adolescent and Teen
- Marital and Divorce
- Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Depression, Stress, Anxiety, and Anger Management
- Addiction Recovery
- Physical, Sexual, and Emotional Abuse
- Grief and Loss
- Accountability Services
What can I expect from Biblical Counseling if I come?
Calvary's Biblical Counseling Center is committed to providing professional, ethical, and confidential services. We serve the greater Kansas City area throguh our offices on the campus of Calvary Bible College and Theological Seminary. Our counselors are available by appointmend, during weekdays and evenings.
- You'll receive answers from God's Word, be encouraged in your successes, and exhorted to think and live in a way that pleases Jesus Christ.
- You can expect that everything will be held in strict confidence except where, in the counselor's judgment, there is a biblical or legal requirement to involve others (e.g. mandated reporting).
- You can expect that our staff will care for you and treat you with respect and compassion.
We respectfully welcome anyone, regardless of faith tradition, who is seeking to create a more effective and purposeful life.
What is the counseling approach?
- Prayerful, loving concern
- A skilled, empathic listener
- Assistance and encouragement in seeking the will of God in your life
- Positive approaches toward constructive behavioral understanding, servant's heart
- A model of a Christlike spirit to emulate in your spiritual pilgrimage
Is there any hope for things to get better?
There are answers for dealing with whatever you might be facing. Many of our counselees see significant progress in 6-12 weeks. We believe that God has given us all we need to know Him and to live in a way that is pleasing to Him. All of our difficulties may not evaporate, but when a person willingly submits to God's instructions and clings to his promises, there is hope!
Are the counselors qualified?
All of our counselors, whether they are professors, pastors, or laypeople, have been trained in biblical counseling. Some hold master's degrees, doctorates, or biblical counseling certification. All counselors have received background check approval.
Where do I begin?
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call (816) 383-9051 or email us. We look forward to helping you.