Music: Worship Arts
The Worship Arts major is designed to train students to maximize musical gifts and talents while developing the character and skill set necessary for effective ministry. Teachers stress overall musicianship and competency while concentrating on the program specific areas of leading, teaching, performing, and ministering.
Calvary currently offers Worships Arts majors an emphasis in guitar, keyboard (piano) or voice.
- An audition is required prior to entry into all music programs.
- All music majors and minors must participate in two semesters of MUMC, Calvary Masterworks Chorus.
- All music majors are required to take MUGR, General Music Recital, every semester they take applied lessons.
- All non-keyboard music majors must pass a piano proficiency test.
- That the student develops skills necessary for effective leadership in worship.
- That the student acquires competency in musicianship, leadership, conducting, and performance.
- That the student develops a personal philosophy of music based on biblical principles that will become the basis of an effective music ministry.
Course of Study
Required classes for the Music Education major include the following:
- Music Technology
- Music Philosophy and Leadership
- Music Internship
- Worship Leading
- Worship Literature
- Music History and Literature
- Music Theory
- General Recital
2012-2014 Course of Study (guitar) »
2012-2014 Course of Study (piano) »
2012-2014 Course of Study (voice) »
Courses of study may be adjusted during a student's time at Calvary. Students should consult with their advisor and/or the Registrar before finalizing a schedule each semester.