Ministry Studies: Intercultural Studies
The Intercultural Studies major prepares men and women to understand and work among people of other cultures. Our mission is to develop the student’s acuity and skills to cross cultural barriers in order to share the gospel and be understood in real-world ministry that builds the church of Jesus Christ.
- That the student demonstrates the Christian character qualities necessary for effective intercultural ministry.
- That the student articulates a biblical philosophy of ministry, evidencing an understanding of the biblical and theological foundations for intercultural ministry.
- That the student appropriately and effectively communicates the gospel in other cultures.
- That the student recognizes and appreciates cultural diversity and gives evidence of the ability to adjust to living among and ministering to people of other cultures.
- That the student demonstrates an understanding of the contemporary issues of globalizations and human migration and develop a strategy of intercultural ministry.
2014-2016 Course of Study »
Courses of study may be adjusted during a student's time at Calvary. Students should consult with their advisor and/or the Registrar before finalizing a schedule each semester.