Calvary believes and maintains that the revelation contained in the Scriptures concerning God, man, and man's problems and their solution is the only adequate foundation on which to build a counseling model that is totally Christian. The College therefore teaches and practices a counseling approach and methodology which grows out of biblical principles regarding human growth and development, behavioral changes, and problem solving. Biblical counseling is understood to be and is practiced in a context of Christian ministry.
• The student is enabled to articulate a biblical philosophy of counseling.
• The student is challenged to demonstrate the Christian character qualities necessary for a biblical counseling ministry.
• The student is provided with a basic knowledge of the counseling process.
• The student is assisted in identifying people’s problems.
• The student is assisted in developing communication skills needed for counseling one-on-one and in small group situations.
2014-2016 Course of Study»
Courses of study may be adjusted during a student's time at Calvary. Students should consult with their advisor and/or the Registrar before finalizing a schedule each semester.