The Theatre Arts program is designed to equip students in the academic, performance-related, technical, and spiritual foundations demonstrated through directing church theatrical programs, overseeing all aspects of theatre ministry, directing theatre in high schools, and developing skilled and disciplined actors.
|Programs||Theatre Arts (major/minor)|
|Teaching Faculty||Bobbie Jeffrey, Beckie Lucas (Guest Instructor), Kaleb Krahn (Guest Instructor), and other adjunct faculty and guest instructors|
|Department Chair||Bobbie Jeffrey|
- That the student will embrace the core principle that theatre is service: to fellow actors; to the working text; to the audience; and first and foremost, to the Audience of One.
- That the student will demonstrate the foundational skills necessary to critically analyze a piece of dramatic literature for its quality and theme while comparing it with the knowledge of God’s word and His character.
- That the student will understand his function as a believer-artist to impact the culture and reclaim the art form.
- That the student will learn to engage the culture, not to hide from it, particularly in light of the fact that the entertainment industry impacts our culture more powerfully than any other influence in our society today.
- That the student will be equipped to inhabit this mission field and minister to and through it with passion and integrity.