Calvary believes and maintains that the revelation contained in the Scriptures concerning God, man, and man's problems and their solution is the only adequate foundation on which to build a counseling model that is totally Christian. The College therefore teaches and practices a counseling approach and methodology which grows out of biblical principles regarding human growth and development, behavioral changes, and problem solving. Biblical counseling is understood to be and is practiced in a context of Christian ministry.
- That the student be able to articulate a biblical philosophy of counseling.
- That the student demonstrate in his life the Christian character qualities necessary for a biblical counseling ministry.
- That the student acquire a basic knowledge of the counseling process.
- That the student be able to identify people's problems.
- That the student develop communication skills needed for counseling one-on-one and in small group situations.