Philosophy of Counseling
Calvary believes and maintains that the revelation contained in the Scriptures concerning God, man, and man's problems and their solution is the only adequate foundation on which to build a counseling model that is totally Christian. The College therefore teaches and practices a counseling approach and methodology which grows out of biblical principles regarding human growth and development, behavioral changes, and problem solving. Biblical counseling is understood to be and is practiced in a context of Christian ministry.
- That the student be able to articulate a biblical philosophy of counseling.
- That the student demonstrate in his life the Christian character qualities necessary for a biblical counseling ministry.
- That the student acquire a basic knowledge of the counseling process.
- That the student be able to identify people's problems.
- That the student develop communication skills needed for counseling one-on-one and in small group situations.
Course of Study »
Courses of study may be adjusted during a student's time at Calvary. Students should consult with their advisor and/or the Registrar before finalizing a schedule each semester.